27 January, 2008

Keyboard (2)

My Media Center madness knows no boundaries. When shopping for paint for my house, I found the shop's paint blending machine was equipped with a very tiny keyboard with integrated trackball. How neat would that look in the living room? A trackball is much more precize than the little joystick-like device I have on my keyboard. On the downside: it was attached by a cable. Of course, I had to ask the shop attendant if I could inspect their equipment from up close. On the back it said iOne, and after I had bought my paint and returned home, I found their website. Sure enough, they do have similar keyboards in multiple wireless versions.

The best choice appears to be the Scorpius P20MT model. It combines a compact sized keyboard with 10 meters of RF range, multimedia keys and a trackball.


Update April 24th 2008:

Logitech released an innovative design for a Media Center PC keyboard with the diNovo Mini. It features bi-colored back lighting and a multifunctional touch pad. As with all products in the diNovo line: the price is prohibitive and I don't particularly like the style, but it has a high gadget factor.

And if you like using a laptop style touchpad, your keyboard of choice may very well be the Adesso SlimTouch Wireless. Their site also features other interesting keyboards.

No comments: